Use courses offered through Educational Resources of MN, LLC to earn your Master’s Degree!
Morningside College is proud to announce their new Master’s Degree Program; Master of Arts in Teaching: Professional Educator. This program is a graduate credit program designed for educators at all levels. The program of study combines research, best practice, reflective thinking, and technology into a unique learning model. It consists of two parts – the Professional Foundations Core (18 credits) and the Professional Teaching Core (18 credits) – both of which are designed to address the five graduate student learning outcomes which are:
- Locates, analyzes, and synthesizes research to address classroom or curricular issues.
- Plans, conducts, and reports research that addresses classroom or curricular issues.
- Provides leadership and collaborates with others.
- Uses technology to support learning.
- Understands current trends, practices and issues in education.
*Courses offered through Educational Resources of MN, LLC would fulfill part of the requirement of the Professional Teaching Core. These credits can be obtained from taking any of our video or independent study courses as well as any of our on-site courses.
Professional Teaching Core – 18 credits
Courses that may fulfill requirements of the Professional Teaching Core include:
- Graduate courses offered by Morningside College that are required in endorsement programs
- Graduate courses approved by Morningside but not part of endorsement programs
- Courses developed by an Area Education Agency (AEA) or by a Local Education Association (LEA) that have passed the graduate review and approval process; a maximum of 8 credits from a single partner can be used to fulfill elective credits in a degree program
- Distance courses developed by Morningside educational partners that have been approved for graduate credit; a maximum of 8 credits from a single partner can be used to fulfill elective credits in a degree program
- Online courses developed by Morningside College that are approved for graduate credit
Professional Foundations Core – 18 online credits
Available through Morningside College
These graduate courses are designed for professional growth and may be used for licensure renewal or salary advancement if permitted in your district and/or state. You may also use these graduate credits in a Master’s degree program at Morningside College. Please contact Carolyn Smith, Professional Development Coordinator at Morningside (800-831-0806 ext 5451 or 712-274-5451) to learn whether Morningside College is authorized to offer a Master’s degree in your state. You do not need to be formally admitted to graduate study at Morningside College to take these classes and they do not qualify for financial aid or loan deferment.
For more detailed information, visit Morningside College’s graduate website or contact Morningside College at 800-831-0806.