This course is designed to give educators information and encouragement that will make a real difference in helping students reach their fullest potential in the classroom and in life.
The focus of this class will be on developing instructional skills and the key attitudes and actions that educators must strive for in order to impact the lives of the students they teach. Students learn in various ways, so educators must have multiple ways to reach each student’s needs. This class will provide practical insight and guidance on how to become a more effective teacher so that today’s youth can be motivated to learn, excel, and sustain high levels of performance in all facets of life. Class activities will include group discussions, readings on various educational topics, team building activities, and time to reflect and examine one’s effectiveness as a teacher. Students will also be given the opportunity to view videos on various topics presented by some of the top speakers in the nation. This course allows teachers to keep “raising the bar” as they strive to be the best teacher they can be.
2019 OHIO LOCATIONS
- June 24-27, 2019 / Tom Held – Instructor, Defiance, OH
- July 8-11, 2019 / Lee Day – Instructor, Lebanon, OH
In this course, class participants will:
- Identify the factors that may enhance or inhibit the development of ultimate learning.
- Learn why movement in the classroom is essential to keeping students focused, excited, enthusiastic, and ready to learn.
- Acquire proven strategies that will allow you to connect with your students, raise achievement, improve transitions and add fun to a lesson.
- Discover realistic ways to engage and motivate students.
- Be exposed to simple, practical activities that will create and environment of trust, understanding, and teamwork.
- Be exposed to brain researched-based teaching techniques for improving learning, achievement, and performance, even with students who have a history of failure and poor test scores.
- Learn how to create a learning climate that builds community, confidence, and self-esteem in all your students.
- Use research-based instructional strategies proven to raise student achievement.
- Identify psychological skills for peak performance.
- Acquire practical problem-solving techniques to deal with the daily problems teachers face.
- Be exposed to proven methods that will strengthen your leadership and communication skills.
- Be exposed to proven methods that will strengthen your leadership, communication and motivational skills.
- Learn highly effective performance feedback techniques.
- Learn tactics and skills to accommodate special needs students.
- Identify factors that may inhibit the development of ultimate learning.