Take advantage of our Early Bird Pricing! On-site courses are only $495 through May 24, 2020!
3 Semester Hours of Graduate Level Credit
Teaching to Make the Grade is packed with innovative and practical ideas that will motivate your students and ensure an unforgettable learning experience. Students will be exposed to proven, practical strategies that will enable you to create a more positive learning environment, build positive student relationships, and give your students a solid foundation for lifelong learning. By the end of this unique course, each participant will leave feeling revitalized, better prepared to deal with the common problems that teachers face, and return home with a wide variety of new ideas and tools to help improve their teaching skills.
2020 MINNESOTA LOCATIONS:
- June 22-25, 2020 / Jody Madsen – Instructor, Worthington, MN
- July 13-16, 2020 / Matt Lundeen – Instructor, Redwood Falls, MN
In this course, class participants will:
- Acquire proven strategies that will allow you to connect with your students, raise achievement, improve transitions and add fun to a lesson.
- Discover realistic ways to engage and motivate students.
- Be exposed to simple, practical activities that will create and environment of trust, understanding, and teamwork.
- Identify the factors that may enhance or inhibit the development of ultimate learning.
- Learn why movement in the classroom is essential to keeping students focused, excited, enthusiastic, and ready to learn.
- Be exposed to brain researched-based teaching techniques for improving learning, achievement, and performance, even with students who have a history of failure and poor test scores.
- Learn how to create a learning climate that builds community, confidence, and self-esteem in all your students.
- Be exposed to ice breakers, energizers, and team building exercises that will make your classroom an exciting, enriching place to be.
- Acquire practical problem-solving techniques to deal with the daily problems teachers face.
- Be exposed to proven methods that will strengthen your leadership and communication skills.
- Reflect and evaluate how well you currently lead your class, team, or staff.
Please Note: Credits earned from taking these courses are designed to fulfill the requirements for license renewal or salary advancement when the student has obtained proper prior approval.