This independent study course is designed to provide teachers with a straight-forward, no-nonsense approach to positive classroom management.
Based on Rob Plevin’s book, “The Behaviour ToolKit: Behavior Solutions for Today’s Tough Classrooms,” the course offers solutions that are easy to use and can help with all areas of frustrating classroom behavior problems such as abusive language, mobile phone use, and interrupters. The text and course offer nothing but practical, step-by-step responses for all teachers in even the toughest classrooms.
As teachers complete the course lessons they will be able to reflect on their current strategies and begin to implement new, possibly more effective behavior management strategies.
In this course you will:
- Learn techniques to better manage poor classroom behavior
- Create and develop your own classroom management strategies and provide examples to implement in the classroom
- Acquire skills beneficial not only for your students, but for yourself as an educator as well.
- Develop techniques to motivate students to stay on task during lessons
- Describe the effects of implementing particular techniques in the classroom and the impact it has on students
- Reflect on current strategies that are used and compare them to new possible strategies.
“I was able to get some new strategies regarding motivation, behavior problems and classroom supplies preparation. I will definitely use these strategies in my classroom during the next school year.”–Brian D., NE
“I really enjoyed this course. I thought the strategies were very helpful and ready to implement into my classroom. The assignments went along well with the reading too.”–Brandi E., NE
“As a Student-Teacher Supervisor, I was pleased with the detailed offerings of the course for my Teacher Candidates to learn and grow their Classroom Management Skills. Both the variety of issues addressed and the specific strategies will be excellent for my young teachers to employ. This is my first on-line course and it was manageable and worthy of my time and effort!”–Tom B., IA
“This was a good class based on a helpful book by Plevin. It allowed me to think about and address some of the issues I commonly face as a teacher.”–Eric R., OH
“Thoroughly enjoyed reading and working through this course! I would have definitely benefitted from it earlier in my career but I appreciate being able to work on it with the perspective and years of experience that I do because it was a great refresher on great tools for classroom management.” –Shelby M., CT