This independent study course is designed to provide teachers with a straight-forward, no-nonsense approach to positive classroom management.
Based on Rob Plevin’s book, “The Behaviour ToolKit: Behavior Solutions for Today’s Tough Classrooms,” the course offers solutions that are easy to use and can help with all areas of frustrating classroom behavior problems such as abusive language, mobile phone use, and interrupters. The text and course offer nothing but practical, step-by-step responses for all teachers in even the toughest classrooms.
As teachers complete the course lessons they will be able to reflect on their current strategies and begin to implement new, possibly more effective behavior management strategies.
In this course you will:
- Learn techniques to better manage poor classroom behavior
- Create and develop your own classroom management strategies and provide examples to implement in the classroom
- Acquire skills beneficial not only for your students, but for yourself as an educator as well.
- Develop techniques to motivate students to stay on task during lessons
- Describe the effects of implementing particular techniques in the classroom and the impact it has on students
- Reflect on current strategies that are used and compare them to new possible strategies.