If you ask a student what makes him or her successful in school, you probably won’t hear about the great textbooks or lectures they heard.
Most likely you will hear something like, “It was all Mrs. Smith. She just never gave up on me.” What students take away from a successful education usually centers on a personal connection with a teacher who instilled passion and inspiration for their subject. Successful teachers go beyond what is expected from their students in a variety of ways. “Beyond Teaching” is about not just teaching students the curriculum, but also connecting with them on emotional and mental levels.
In this course you will…
- Reflect on current teaching strategies, as well as how you connect with students and maintain relationships with them in the classroom.
- Explore new ways to avoid burnout
- Analyze how powerful language, listening and other communication behaviors impact student success in the classroom.
- Engage in new classroom activities and reflect on how these changes will impact your classroom.
- Explain how the techniques discussed in the course can be applied to your current and/or future classroom.
- Critique current classroom strategies in regards to emotional and mental connections with students.
- Develop classroom activities that focus on building connections with students so they feel comfortable expressing themselves in a variety of ways.
- Modify current classroom techniques to improve connections with students.
- Compare and contrast current classroom strategies with the new information presented in the course content
EROM (verified owner) –
“Another great course! Content relevant to any and all teachers. Easy enough to work through, challenging enough to make you think and reflect.”–Zachary O., OH
“I have truly enjoyed every course that I have taken through Be a Great Teacher. It is so beneficial to learn from actual teachers. I always fly through the class because I can’t wait to watch the next video or read the next chapter of the book.” –Sarah B., OH
“I loved this course. It was a great reminder of what I need to focus on in my classroom. The practical tips can be implemented into my classroom right away. I feel refreshed and excited to see how some of these changes can impact my students.” –Carrie Y., MN
“I enjoyed taking the “Beyond Teaching” course. The videos provided solid content that kept my interest and engagement. Thank you for providing a quality course for educators.” –Brian T., OH
“Loved it! Made me remember why I wanted to do this so many years ago! These courses bring you back to why you became a teacher and help you become a better teacher!” –Robert W., OH
“Although I needed semester hours for license renewal, these courses always hit me at a good time. They are good reminders of what is important and provide some quality resources for valuable professional growth. The courses are set up with a reasonable amount of work and time allowed to complete the assignments.” –Bradley M., OH
“Another GREAT course!” –Sara M., MN
“Loved the course and all of the speakers. I will use what I have learned to become a BETTER TEACHER!” –Bodi K., OH
“This course helped me reflect on my current teaching practices and learn new skills to being to the classroom.” Kara C., OH
“This course was great. I appreciate the video with principal feedback. It was very helpful to see their point of view when looking at teachers.” –Christina F., OH