This independent study course is designed for educators who feel stressed or defeated at this point in their teaching careers.
The course contains prompts for reflection, activities for finding purpose in education, and hands-on activities that can be used for teachers and their students to help transcend pessimism and find joy and reward in daily teaching experiences.
In this course you will:
- Reflect on your “why” for teaching and beginning this career, and evaluate how it impacts your current life
- Explore accessible psychological research on burnout and how to combat feelings of negativity
- Learn how to overcome difficult teaching encounters and view them as positive experiences
- Analyze your own behaviors and thought processes, reflecting on how your daily mindset impacts your happiness in your career
- Learn tools to break through resentment and anger that may be holding you back from finding joy in teaching
- Engage in mindful life assignments and activities to promote self-awareness and positive thinkin