How many teachers take the time to connect with students on a personal level? How do you find the time?
Teachers who manage to transcend the normal student-teacher relationships can benefit everyone in school and, along the way, prevent school violence, support school safety, improve school climate, and promote learning. This course outlines dozens of positive strategies for bridging the gap between teacher and student through personal, academic, and social connections. Easily tailored to any learning environment, these activities and guidelines will provide you with the tools you need to succeed in the classroom or on the playing field. As both teachers/coaches alter their own attitudes and behaviors, they learn to listen to students and accommodate their needs. The end result will be lasting relationships that can foster deeper understanding and growth for educators and students alike.
This graduate level class is a go! Registration fills up fast. Maximum Class Limit: 60
2022 OHIO LOCATIONS
- June 20-23, 2022 / Lee Day – Instructor, Lebanon, OH
- June 27-30, 2022 / Jeremy Best – Instructor, VanWert, OH
In this course you will:
- Discover ways to maintain enthusiasm, sanity, sense of humor, and joy while working with all students.
- Develop engaging lessons that will draw students into the content being taught.
- Learn how to establish interactive and safe environments for learning
- Learn ways to incorporate music, visuals, storytelling and technology into the classroom environment
- Acquire proven strategies that will allow you to connect with your students, raise achievement, improve transitions and add fun to a lesson.
- Gain effective strategies for creating a classroom culture that promotes resiliency and a growth mindset
- Reflect on current strategies that are used and compare them to new possible strategies.
- Create and develop your own teaching strategies that will increase student participation
- Develop new teaching methods to help transform negative attitudes into positive attitudes.
- Learn proven strategies to optimize the learning environment and student achievement.
- Learn research-based, hands-on techniques from experienced teachers and educational professionals who have actually used them in their classroom with great results.
- Be exposed to simple, practical activities that will create an environment of trust, understanding, and teamwork
- Identify the factors that may enhance or inhibit the development of ultimate learning.
- Be exposed to ice breakers, energizers, and team building exercises that will make your classroom an exciting, enriching place to be.
- Be exposed to proven methods that will strengthen your leadership and communication skills.
- Reflect and evaluate how well you currently lead your class, team, or staff.