This independent study course is designed to offer practical methods teachers can use in their classrooms to prevent and manage peer bullying, as well as cyberbullying.
Through this independent study, teachers will understand the impact of technology on social behaviors and will offer a framework for responding effectively to bullies. This course gives realistic and effective suggestions for working with parents and controlling bullying to ensure a safe and positive classroom environment.
In this course you will:
- Define what bullying is and strategies on how to prevent and control bullying inside the classroom
- Define what cyberbullying is and tools to help decrease online bullying
- Develop ways to promote a positive classroom environment for all students
- Create and develop your own teaching strategies and provide examples to implement in the classroom
- Reflect on current bullying strategies used in the classroom and understand how to modify those strategies to create safer learning environments
- Develop techniques to help parents get involved with their children who are bullies or being bullied
- Learn how to establish interactive and safe environments for all students
- Acquire skills beneficial not only for your students, but for yourself as an educator as well.