Learn how to create an “amazing, nearly miraculous and frankly earth-shattering partnership in one month or less.”
This independent study course offers practical ideas and strategies for any teacher to create a strong collaboration with peers. Co-teaching allows teachers to play to their strengths. This course will help you understand the best practices to become an effective teacher in a co-taught classroom.
In this course, you will:
- Describe what it means to be a co-teacher and ways to become a better co-teacher
- Recall teaching moments in your own experience to connect to new ideas from the lessons
- Recognize teaching patterns that work well and others that do not
- Apply concepts from the reading to the classroom setting
- Develop exercises to incorporate teaching strategies discussed in the lessons
- Compose lesson plans that could be integrated into any classroom setting.
- Evaluate current teaching strategies and reflect on how these strategies could be changed and adapted to fit a collaboration classroom