This independent study course is designed to help teachers broaden their ideas on student success.
Students learn in various ways, so educators must have multiple ways to reach each student’s needs. This course will discuss strategies and tools educators can use to teach smart and achieve optimal student success in the classroom.
In this course you will:
- Learn new strategies to become a learner-centered teacher.
- Create and develop your own teaching strategies and provide examples to implement in the classroom
- Reflect on current strategies used in the classroom and understand how to modify those strategies to create stronger learner-centered environments
- Develop techniques unique to your own classroom subject area
- Acquire skill beneficial not only for your students, but for yourself as an educator as well.
- Describe the effects of implementing particular techniques in the classroom
- Use assessment tools to diagnose individual problems and implement strategies for solutions to these problems