This independent study course is designed to provide educators with specific steps to develop grit, passion, willpower, and perseverance in kids for self-confidence and life.
This independent study course is designed to give educators and coaches the knowledge and tools to inspire students and athletes to have more GRIT. Grit is “passion and perseverance for long-term and meaningful goals.” In a world full of distractions and multi-tasking, grit can teach students to have clear direction and commitment to their passions. This course teaches practical tools any educator or coach can start implementing in their classrooms or on the field right away.
In this course, you will:
- Foster effort over talent so that students understand their current ability can be improved and formed into mastery
- Encourage calculated risk-taking so that students can reach their dreams without having paralyzing fear of failure
- Understand various techniques for teaching students about grit
- Connect with students through various examples you can immediately use in your own classroom
- Give your students the skills and mental resilience to withstand whatever life throws their way in the classroom and beyond
- Improve your own teaching skills when implementing grit strategies in the classroom
- Answer reflection questions to connect with and relate to each chapter’s strategies