This course will provide not only ideas to improve your classroom, but a philosophy, called “Green Light” teaching.
It is not just about the latest teaching fad, it is about taking what is good about many ideas and combining them to boost student achievement. Throughout the course, you will be encouraged to look at applications of various ideas always keeping in mind the idea, “How could I apply this to my work with students?”
In this course you will:
- Discover field-tested, ready to apply strategies to improve student achievement.
- Distinguish between traditional “Red Light” teaching strategies and “Green Light” methods.
- Explore numerous lesson ideas of how to apply the following strategies in your classroom: memory, connections, movement, novelty, tone, emotion, socialization, drama, and visuals.
- Sample the lessons of over 200 teachers to provide inspiration for designing dynamic and effective lessons.
- Learn ideas to increase student engagement to open the door to higher levels of learning.
- See how “Green Light” strategies can be easier on the teacher and lead to less disciplinary issues than traditional strategies.