This independent study course is designed to offer practical methods teachers can use in their classrooms to ensure the most student success.
Education is changing, so educators must use different strategies for teaching in a 21st century classroom. With a focus on kinesthetic techniques, interpersonal and classroom management skills, and relationship building, this reader-friendly book helps teachers engage students’ interest and activate their learning for an exciting classroom experience. This course offers new solutions to new and old problems, while still keeping some traditional pedagogy methods in mind.
In this course you will:
- Learn how to establish interactive and safe environments for learning
- Create and develop your own teaching strategies and provide examples to implement in the classroom
- Develop ways to nurture discussion and interdependent learning
- Reflect on current strategies used in the classroom and understand how to modify those strategies to create stronger learning environments
- Develop techniques to teach to all learning modalities
- Learn ways to incorporate music, visuals, storytelling and technology into the classroom environment
- Acquire skill beneficial not only for your students, but for yourself as an educator as well.
- Learn how to manage movement in the classroom
- Use strategies to help students develop a positive work ethic