This independent study course is designed to give teachers the skills needed to motivate those students who seem to lack interest in classroom content.
This course is based off of Rob Plevin’s book, “Motivate the Unmotivated: A Step by Step System You Can Use to Raise Motivation in Your Classroom Tomorrow,” and offers a complete step-by-step system together with hundreds of practical strategies to:
- Stimulate student interest from the moment your lesson begins,
- Create a positive, collaborative classroom climate
- Minimize classroom management issues related to boredom and low engagement
- Provide interactive lesson formats which even your most switched-off students won’t be able to resist
- Reach ALL your students through multiple learning channels
- Increase participation with little-known ‘involvers’ which work every time!
As teachers complete the course lessons they will be able to reflect on their current strategies and begin to implement new, possibly more effective strategies to keep students engaged in the classroom.
In this course, you will:
- Develop engaging lessons that will draw students into the content being taught.
- Learn techniques to help reduce classroom disruption through various classroom management skills
- Create and develop your own teaching strategies that will increase student participation
- Acquire skills beneficial not only for your students, but for yourself as an educator as well.
- Develop techniques to create a desire to learn from all students
- Describe the effects of implementing particular techniques in the classroom and the impact it has on students
- Assess current strategies and compare new strategies to see the difference
- Develop new teaching methods to help transform negative attitudes into positive attitudes.