This independent study course is designed to provide teachers with lessons from other teachers who have been or currently are in the teaching profession.
Throughout this course, a variety of topics will be covered including teacher personalities, working with parents, stress, testing and even teaching failure moments, along with lots of other advice to help you become an even better teacher. The book used for this course “See Me After Class” uses real life examples and practical advice from teachers who have lived through these experiences and have learned from them. As you read through the book, you will make connections to your own classrooms and see how you can grow from the advice from those who have lived it.
In this course you will:
- Learn proven strategies to optimize the learning environment and student achievement.
- Learn research-based, hands-on techniques from experienced teachers and educational professionals who have actually used them in their classroom with great results.
- Discover ways to maintain enthusiasm, sanity, sense of humor, and joy while working with all students.
- Identify the factors that will enhance or inhibit the performance of a student.
- Develop engaging lessons that will draw students into the content being taught.
- Create and develop your own teaching strategies and provide examples to implement in the classroom
- Describe the effects of implementing particular techniques in the classroom and the impact it has on students