School is an important place in which kids and teachers spend a great deal of time.
Teachers help to create the learning atmosphere in the classroom as well as the academic environment of the entire school. What a powerful responsibility. What type of teacher you are and what you do makes a difference in the lives of your students. This class will provide essential information on helping to make your classroom and school a win-win environment for everyone. Some of the topics discussed in this class will include: creating connections with your students, classroom operation, situations that occur in the classroom, creating a safe and positive learning environment, listening skills, how to decrease a student’s fear of making mistakes, and resolving conflict.
- Discover strategies for creating a safe and positive environment to encourage student success.
- Learn how to respond to the student question of “When am I ever going to use this?
- Help students move outside their comfort zone
- Bring out the best in your students and in yourself
- Discover ways on how to maintain your enthusiasm, sanity, sense of humor, and joy while working with all of your students.
- Acquire practical problem-solving techniques to deal with the daily problems leaders face.
- Be exposed to proven methods that will strengthen your leadership & communication skills.
- Identify the factors that will enhance or inhibit the performance of a student.
- Learn tools that help build connectedness and feelings of belonging in your classroom.
- Learn ways to gain confidence and reduce the fear of failure.