School is an important place in which kids and teachers spend a great deal of time.
Teachers help to create the learning atmosphere in the classroom as well as the academic environment of the entire school. What a powerful responsibility. What type of teacher you are and what you do makes a difference in the lives of your students. This class will provide essential information on helping to make your classroom and school a win-win environment for everyone. Some of the topics discussed in this class will include: creating connections with your students, classroom operation, situations that occur in the classroom, creating a safe and positive learning environment, listening skills, how to decrease a student’s fear of making mistakes, and resolving conflict.
In this course you will:
- Discover strategies for creating a safe and positive environment to encourage student success.
- Learn how to respond to the student question of “When am I ever going to use this?
- Help students move outside their comfort zone
- Bring out the best in your students and in yourself
- Discover ways on how to maintain your enthusiasm, sanity, sense of humor, and joy while working with all of your students.
- Acquire practical problem-solving techniques to deal with the daily problems leaders face.
- Be exposed to proven methods that will strengthen your leadership & communication skills.
- Identify the factors that will enhance or inhibit the performance of a student.
- Learn tools that help build connectedness and feelings of belonging in your classroom.
- Learn ways to gain confidence and reduce the fear of failure.
“This may not be one of the newest classes that beagreatteacher.com offers, but you won’t be disappointed if you take it! I am looking forward to implementing many of the suggestions for creating a stronger classroom climate provided through this class.”–Gordon W., NE
“My favorite class I have taken!! I learned so much that I will use in life and with my students. The book was amazing! There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about The Win-Win Classroom.”–Beth F., IA
“This course was a good review for me. It helped me evaluate some of the concepts I was doing and hopefully implement or improve on some other aspects of my teaching. The book provided lots of guidance to improve myself as an educator in order to help benefit my students in the classroom.”–Trevor O., NE
“I thoroughly enjoyed “The Win-Win Classroom” course. It was very insightful and reflective of my teaching. I have learned strategies that will help enhance the climate in the school and my classroom to a more positive atmosphere.” –Mallory C., OH