This independent study course is designed for educators who are interested in creating student-focused classrooms.
Created for both new and veteran teachers, this course impels teachers to reflect on current and past practices, transform classroom climates and give students voices in the classroom. This course contains specific strategies, activities, and materials that can be instantly utilized in the classroom.
In this course, you will:
- Reflect on successful and unsuccessful teaching practices which have built your foundation as an educator
- Learn how to incorporate standards into creative projects which leads to more meaningful learning and greater retention
- Focus on student needs, behaviors, and preferences to ensure the best possible classroom environment
- Create a student-focused classroom
- Obtain strategies for how to assess students non-traditionally