Do you have the right tools in your teacher toolbox? This unique class has it all! It is exciting, engaging and truly effective in refreshing you on the basic tools of teaching.
Learn how to create a classroom that minimizes disruptive behavior, maximizes learning, provides an emotionally safe environment for all students, all while maintaining your enthusiasm, sanity, sense of humor and joy of working with students. This class is sure to be the #1 teaching tool for your classroom!
***This course was written in 2010, it’s an oldie, but a goodie. Teachers still LOVE the content and is still applicable to today’s changing classroom***
In this course you will:
- Acquire proven strategies that will allow you to connect with your students, raise achievement, improve transitions and add fun to a lesson.
- Learn research-based, hands-on techniques from experienced teachers and educational professionals who have actually used them – with great results!
- Reassess your role as a teacher (and your students’ role as learners) to increase your effectiveness and maximize student achievement.
- Learn how to create a classroom that minimizes disruptive behavior, maximizes learning and provides an emotionally safe environment.
- Be exposed to quick and easy ways to build in breaks to energize your students, increase learning, and improve on-task behavior.
- Learn exciting ways that the Internet can be used as a powerful source for enhancing both student learning and instructional delivery.
- Learn effective strategies for working with parents to get the best results for their children.
- Learn why movement in the classroom is essential to keeping students focused, excited, enthusiastic, and ready to learn.
- Discover new and exciting ways to activate prior knowledge, grab students’ attention and build a stronger foundation for learning.
- Learn how to improve performance and test scores of your of your unmotivated or low-achieving students.
- Discover ways on how to maintain your enthusiasm, sanity, sense of humor, and joy while working with all of your students.
“LOVED this class! I am so glad you recommended I take this class after talking to you this summer. I liked all the videos and discussion questions after each video. I thought the book was an easy read which I like and had some great perspectives to offer. There wasn’t anything I didn’t like. I appreciate all the options that are offered and that we are not wasting time writing papers that mean nothing after. Looking forward to Toolbox 201!” –Ann H., MN
“Thank you for another great course! I have more tools in my toolbox to pick from after this course than I got from my entire master’s program. I have already started using some what I have learned in my classroom.” –Lisa H., MN
“I always feel recharged about my teaching after taking these Be a Great Teacher classes. I love the inspiring video content that is the foundation of the coursework. The books provided are such a fantastic tool to reference as well. The reflection questions always serve to facilitate discussion with my teaching cohort and give me plenty of opportunity to put what I’ve learned into practice in my classroom immediately. I’m truly grateful!” –Tina A., MN
“This is the second course I have completed and I could not be more impressed. I can immediately implement concepts I have learned into my classroom the next day. This was not a stress, but something I enjoyed when I got home from work. I love how I didn’t feel like I was just completing a course, but actually learning something that is valuable to me as a teacher.” –Carrie Y., MN
“I really liked how the lessons all included practical examples that were able to be adapted to many different teaching situations. I am hoping that the material will help me better meet the goals of my students.” –Patricia G., IA
“I really liked that the information provided and learned through the lessons were able to be implemented within my classroom immediately. So very relevant no matter the content or age group. To be honest there wasn’t really anything I dislike, probably the best graduate course I have enrolled in. So very practical. I didn’t feel like I was doing a bunch of unnecessary busy work. Immediate action will be taken to implement many of the concepts taught in this course within my classroom.” –Seena G., MN
“I really liked how this course let you work on it on your own time. The videos were very good and I like how it was set up in components to work on it. I really thought the course was very good. I didn’t have any part of it that I didn’t like. It has already helped me in the classroom with my students. As for other graduate course I have taken, this one is a very good course and will help me to better myself as a leader in the classroom and as a coach.” –Charley L., SD
“I appreciated that this course was self paced and I was able to complete it when I had time. It was full of material that was helpful and I was able to make adjustments to what I was already doing to become an even better teacher.” –Melinda J., NE
“I liked the fact that the material was useful, and that I was able to really take back what I was learning to my classroom, or relate to it in a meaningful way.” –Floyd M., MI
“I am so glad I decided to take this class. This course impressed me so much. You are not lying when you say it’s an “oldie but a goodie”. I learned so much and got so many ideas that I will and have already started applying to my classroom. I am so thankful for the information I gained from this course and appreciated the flow and set-up of the class.
-The best part of this course was the new activities, strategies, and approaches I can apply to my classroom.
-Honestly, I cannot think of something I didn’t like. The ease, flexibility, and material were awesome.
-This is my first course in over 10 years. I appreciated that this course was a “go at your own pace” and in one single place. I also like that I could put the entire course into a document and send it. It saved me a lot of time and energy. It allowed me to organize it in a simple but organized way.
-As a teacher, there are so many activities and approaches that I can now add to my classroom that is simple but effective. I’m excited and have already started!” –Jennifer G., NE