Do you have the right tools in your teacher toolbox? This unique class has it all! It is exciting, engaging and truly effective in refreshing you on the basic tools of teaching.
Learn how to create a classroom that minimizes disruptive behavior, maximizes learning, provides an emotionally safe environment for all students, all while maintaining your enthusiasm, sanity, sense of humor and joy of working with students. This class is sure to be the #1 teaching tool for your classroom!
***This course was written in 2010, it’s an oldie, but a goodie. Teachers still LOVE the content and is still applicable to today’s changing classroom***
In this course you will:
- Acquire proven strategies that will allow you to connect with your students, raise achievement, improve transitions and add fun to a lesson.
- Learn research-based, hands-on techniques from experienced teachers and educational professionals who have actually used them – with great results!
- Reassess your role as a teacher (and your students’ role as learners) to increase your effectiveness and maximize student achievement.
- Learn how to create a classroom that minimizes disruptive behavior, maximizes learning and provides an emotionally safe environment.
- Be exposed to quick and easy ways to build in breaks to energize your students, increase learning, and improve on-task behavior.
- Learn exciting ways that the Internet can be used as a powerful source for enhancing both student learning and instructional delivery.
- Learn effective strategies for working with parents to get the best results for their children.
- Learn why movement in the classroom is essential to keeping students focused, excited, enthusiastic, and ready to learn.
- Discover new and exciting ways to activate prior knowledge, grab students’ attention and build a stronger foundation for learning.
- Learn how to improve performance and test scores of your of your unmotivated or low-achieving students.
- Discover ways on how to maintain your enthusiasm, sanity, sense of humor, and joy while working with all of your students.
I really enjoyed this course. This is the first graduate level course I have taken. It was really easy to navigate. Everything was well organized and well explained. The content of this class really helped me find the joy and love I have in the classroom. I wasn’t sure I even wanted to take extra courses to keep my license after staying home and raising my children. Now I’m excited to take more looking forward to being in the classroom again. -Melissa P., NE
I really enjoyed the videos. I got 2-3 things out of each one. There was nothing that I didn’t like about the class. These are by far my favorite graduate classes to take. -Rick W., OH
Excellent content and the ideas for lessons were plentiful. -Doug B., OH
“Course was easy to follow and had a simple format. I liked that the videos were all interconnected and relevant to today’s educational world. This course gave me a lot of great ideas that will be easy to incorporate into my classroom. I found that class to be very informative and it was enjoyable to take.” –Tony N., NE
“I enjoyed all aspects of this class. This class will help me be able to work with parents and help me to stay positive when things aren’t going well. Finding new ways to work with students is something that I strive for each summer. This class helped with that helped with that.” –Jackson K., NE
“I very much enjoyed this course. It was the refresher I needed to rejuvenate and inspire me to inspire my students.” –Jill V., MN
“I enjoyed this course. I enjoyed the easy to use, practical strategies to have to reach my student. It also made goal setting obtainable. I give it two thumbs up.” –Jill V., MN
“I have learned some great strategies to incorporate into my classroom. All of the videos/books/assignments were user friendly.” –Molly K., NE
“This course made me truly think about my teaching style, how I have been teaching, and allowed me to self-reflect and focus on changes I can make to become a more inspiring teacher.” –Kent K., NE
“I enjoyed the content of the course. I have been teaching for over 20 years, but I still felt like the material presented was relevant to my teaching and was an excellent reminder of what I can be doing in my classroom to get the most out of my students. Thank you!”– Diane T., IA